Trust G2 Industrial Hygiene Consultants
Industrial hygiene has been a profession since the 1940s, using science and technology to protect the health and safety of workers and the community.
Our team of certified industrial hygienists help clients meet and maintain regulatory compliance in all industrial health and safety areas.
G2s services and offerings:
- Industrial Hygiene Consultants
- Industrial Hygiene Contractors
- Industrial Hygiene Sampling
- Process Monitoring
- Industrial Exposure
- Industrial Hygiene Survey
- Industrial Hygiene Compliance
- Regulated Building Materials
An Experienced and Knowledgeable Team of Certified Industrial Hygienists
Our team has worked with clients in a wide variety of industries and settings, including manufacturing, public works, heavy industrial, remediation, commercial, warehousing, healthcare, laboratories and office environments.
Our dynamic team of Certified Industrial Hygienists, Certified Safety Professionals, indoor environmental scientists, engineers, and business professionals offer a comprehensive, efficient, and cost-effective approach to any health and safety initiative.
What is an Industrial Hygienist?
An Industrial Hygienist is someone who has been professionally educated and trained to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and develop controls for occupational health hazards and indoor environmental issues. G2 is known for creating customized approaches to protect the health and safety of employees through this exact approach.
How can G2’s Industrial Hygienist Consultants help you?
In health and safety, consistency is key. Our consultants can:
- Visit your site on a regular basis for a cost-effective way to maintain health and safety programs
- Answer questions, perform sampling, and fulfill reporting requirements as needed
- Attend safety committee meetings
- Work on your company’s audit systems
- Conduct routine exposure monitoring on a monthly or annual basis
G2 Consultants Industrial Hygiene Services
Navigating regulatory compliance issues with agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, and the U.S. EPA is time-consuming and costly. G2 bridges the compliance gap by conducting exposure assessments in the field, using expert sampling strategies, and making clear recommendations for the next logical course of action.
- Chemical Exposure Assessments: minimize and control possible chemical exposure (or contact) between chemicals and employees.
- Personal Noise Dosimetry and Facility Sound Level Surveys: Walkaround surveys and workshift sampling to define problems and create workable solutions.
- Dust and Particulates: Air quality testing and personal exposure monitoring assess exposure to gases, vapours, dusts (such as wood dust), particulates (such as crystalline silica), sprays, mists, smoke, and fumes.
- Metals: Testing for gaseous fumes (including welding fumes and hexavalent chromium) to document exposure and determine what personal protective equipment and controls are necessary.
- Hazard Identification and Safety Audits: Identifying safety hazards and lapses in safety practices and providing recommendations to enhance regulatory compliance.
- Machine Guarding and Engineering Control Evaluations: Identifying hazardous conditions, determining which hazards to remove, and how to place appropriate barriers between workers and hazards when removal is not possible.
- Basic Safety Walk-through/Audits: Walkthroughs and audits of work sites to evaluate basic health, safety, and fire hazards.
- Training for Employees and Contractors: Training specifically tailored to our clients’ needs for their employees and contractors.
- Basic Structure and Purpose of a Safety Committee: Assistance with the formation of a health and safety committee to monitor your organization.
- Incident and Accident Investigation: Investigating workplace fatalities, injuries, or illnesses to identify hazards and shortcomings in health and safety programs.
- Personal Protective Equipment Assessments: Assessments on current job tasks and PPE to make recommendations for appropriate selection.
- Job Hazard Analysis: A proactive analysis of task dangers and possible countermeasures to prevent injuries before they happen.
- Respiratory Protection Services (CFR 1910.134), including:
- Fit Testing (Quantitative & Qualitative): Qualitative and quantitative respirator fit testing.
- Training (e.g. Use, Care & Maintenance): Training in the use, care and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
G2 is also well-equipped for OSHA responses and a wide range of industrial hygiene issues.
Industry Best Practices
Our team of team of safety, indoor environmental and engineering experts subscribe to the five basic tenets of industrial hygiene recognized as industry best practices:
- ANTICIPATION – This involves reviewing all practices and procedures and using qualitative and quantitative measurements to assess them annually. Industrial hygiene practices are actively integrated into the corporate structure.
- RECOGNITION – Recognition involves establishing a file or database and incorporating all legal requirements and recommended practices. We also rank risk operations and create an audit or assessment plan based on those rankings.
- EVALUATION – All the preparation is actively put to use as we implement the exposure assessment strategy and document hazard evaluations.
- PREVENTION – We ensure clients use effective hazard communication. The effectiveness of health and safety training becomes evident as preventative measures impact the workplace.
- CONTROL – Successful management is an ongoing process of following the hierarchy of controls and benefiting from health and safety management systems.