***G2 makes all efforts to stay at the forefront of the COVID-19 pandemic as it pertains to industrial hygiene and occupational safety and health. Please check our website frequently, as we intend to update our information and/or service offerings accordingly as new data and research is made publicly available.***
Before long, businesses will resume operations and return to the “new normal” after COVID-19. Now is the time to prepare for the future and take measures to keep your employees safe and healthy.
What will the post-pandemic work environment look like? While that may not be clear yet, one thing is certain: it is essential to ensure the workforce can safely return to their jobs, and are prepared to withstand future catastrophic events.
G2’s programs and services will enable your organization to resume operations safely and navigate any future disruptions to business operations.
Employee Safety Programs
Equip your employees with safety best practices.
Training your employees in critical safety practices and processes enables them to keep themselves and others safe.
G2 offers training programs that can educate employees on key safety practices and the proper use of equipment to give your workforce the tools they need to maximize safety in the workplace.
These programs include:
- COVID-19 informational training
- COVID-19 Infection control training
- Respiratory protection, fit-testing and training
- Prevention planning and training to address safe workplace behavior
- Training on the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Plans and training
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
Each program can be tailored to fit your organization’s level of need and depth of training.
Risk Management Planning and Exposure Assessments
Prepare your company and workforce for the future.
When incidents arise, the most important step in safeguarding employees’ health and safety is knowledge of proper procedures and protocols to mitigate hazards and exposure risks.
G2 offers consultation and support in the following risk management categories:
- COVID-19 exposure risk assessments
- Development of COVID-19 infection control plans
- Organizational contingency planning and strategy
- Pandemic and emergency preparedness planning
COVID-19 Sampling and Testing
Start with a clean slate.
G2 is now able to sample and test for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the disease COVID-19. This breakthrough offering can now provide assurance that select surfaces are reasonably free from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The test involves sampling and assessing “high-traffic” touchpoints in your facility: faucet handles, doorknobs, keyboards, and other surfaces that are frequently touched.
This test should be performed:
- Prior to employees returning to the building, if it has been shut down or access has been restricted due to “stay at home” initiatives
- To validate cleaning and disinfecting efforts in response to known cases of COVID-19
- As a precautionary measure to provide assurance to employees that frequently-touched surfaces are reasonably free of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Not all surfaces within a facility can be reasonably sampled and tested. Sampled surfaces will only include “high-traffic” touchpoints
- The assessment will represent conditions at the time of sampling–if someone touches a surface post-sampling, it is possible it will be contaminated
- Results will be available within days of testing
- Assessment and sampling protocols have been developed by Certified Industrial Hygienists
- The laboratory assessing the sample utilizes FDA-approved methods
Beyond this initial test, G2 can also provide professional cleaning assistance, helping to:
- Develop cleaning protocols specifically for your facility
- Identify qualified cleaning companies
- Provide oversight to ensure cleaning protocols are being followed
- Perform verification sampling to ensure cleaning was done appropriately
For more information, please see our COVID-19 Workplace Testing Page.
Building or Facility Start-Up Services
Get your organization back to work safely.
When commercial spaces are empty for prolonged periods, servicing of critical systems is often paused or neglected. If proper precautions aren’t taken, this can cause unforeseen health issues for employees.
Some potential problems in unoccupied facilities include:
- Extra condensation or humidity
- Burst pipes
- Sewage problems
- The presence of mold growth or legionella
G2’s consultative services provide a thorough inspection of all building systems along with a report of any potential risks to your employees’ health.
This comprehensive report also includes recommendations for how to quickly address issues with industry best practices.