New COVID-19 Requirement Updates for Oregon Workplaces
November 16th 2020
With the resurgence of COVID-19 infections across the state, the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division (Oregon OSHA) has adopted a temporary rule to address COVID-19 risks in the workplace. This rule will remain in effect until May 4, 2021 unless it is revised or repealed before that date.
The purpose: to protect employees in the workplace against potential exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the pathogen associated with COVID-19.
These requirements are applicable to all workplaces in the state. There are also mandates for workplaces considered to be at exceptional risk, such as hospitals, dental clinics and assisted living facilities.
The requirements by December 7, 2020:
- All employers must complete a COVID-19 exposure risk assessment.
- All employers must establish and implement an infection control plan based on the risks identified in their exposure risk assessment, including but not limited to:
- Staggered shifts
- Physical distancing requirements
- Reducing the use of shared surfaces or tools
- Limiting the number of employees in work areas
- Personal protective equipment
The requirements by December 21, 2020:
- Employers must provide employees with information and training on COVID-19.
COVID-19 requirements for workplaces at exceptional risk:
- In addition to the employee information and training requirements for all workplaces, employers at workplaces at exceptional risk must provide employees with infection control training by no later than December 21, 2020.
G2 provides a wide range of COVID-19 services–including infection control planning, infection control training, and exposure risk assessments–to ensure your workplace is in compliance with Oregon OSHA’s Temporary Rule addressing COVID-19 workplace risks.
With the holiday season upon us, these dates will be here before you know it; get in touch with our team today to ensure your workplace meets the December deadlines. We’re here to help!
Posted November 20, 2020 by in Covid-19